Saturday, February 13, 2016

Mystahhhhry Shindig: Clues 1 and 2



I joined a mystery paper-pieced quilt along in September 2015, created and organized by my sister, Tonya. She makes really fun designs and I couldn't wait to see how this came out! She introduces the Mystahhhhry Shindig HERE where you can find links to the paper pieces and even a Facebook group to share your progress on. You can also find all the links and information on fabric and such right HERE. I plan to make the full sized version that will measure 62.5" from point to point.


Clue 1 is to make 12 large diamonds. I chose this fun sewing fabric which has all kinds of buttons, sewing machines, scissors, etc on it. Cutting out a large diamond window allowed me to see where I wanted to fussy cut my large diamonds. 6 of the large diamonds were then sewn into a star for the center of the quilt.






Clue 2 is all about getting down to business on basting the large 3" triangles. These will be used throughout the quilt design and it's easier to make them in a batch like this.


Stay tuned for the next clues!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews