For this project you'll need:
- Fabric (I used 5 yards of green and 2 yards of red- use more or less depending on the size of rug you want!)
- Scissors (to cut the strips)
- A large crochet hook (I used a size 10mm/N hook)
To crochet the rug:
- This rug requires a basic knowledge of the chain, single crochet and increase stitches. This project is great for beginners to learn how to crochet as it only uses basic crochet stitches and the yarn and hook are much easier to handle because they are large and intricate details aren't needed!
- Chain 12-20 stitches. Shorter for a smaller oval, longer for a larger oval. I used 12 for this rug.
- Turn the corner with 2 single crochet stitches and single crochet along the chain. Turn the corner by increasing 2 stitches.
- Continue crocheting around increasing as needed. If you increase too much your rug will become wavy. If you increase too little your rug will begin to cup.