Thursday, February 9, 2017

Rose Dress


Front of the Rose Dress
The Rose Dress came about from a desire to have something with a deep sweetheart neckline. I've wanted something vintage and romantic and feminine and this dress was the result.

Bodice Pattern
I drafted the bodice pattern from my personal measurements. The skirt is a simple gathered affair and didn't require a pattern. The skirt is a rectangle that's gathered at the top and hemmed to my knees.

Mock Up
My first practice piece (aka mock up) was made in left-over fabric and not meant to be pretty. I just wanted to test the fit and make adjustments. I ended up changing the neckline slightly and I took the waist in a little. 

Lining and zipper placement
The dress has an invisible back zipper and is fully lined. The lining is under-stitched at the neckline and encases all the raw edges of the skirt.


Back of the Rose Dress
The back of the Rose dress could have had the print lined up but I was running out of fabric. However, the invisible zipper really gives it a nice finished look.

I wore this dress for the first time to a friend's wedding and didn't take a photo of myself in it. Next time!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews