- Run an all cold wash cycle with ¼ of the recommended detergent or ½ c. vinegar. This all cold cycle is important to remove all the “yuck” and to prevent stains.
- Wash the entire load again on a warm or hot cycle again with ¼ of the recommended detergent, use vinegar if you are getting a detergent build-up. (*Use a fabric softener ball to be released in the rinse cycle.)
- Do a second rinse for good measure.
- If diapers don’t smell clean try an extra rinse or completely wash again in the same fashion as describe above.
- Line Drying is recommended. The sun naturally sanitizes and bleaches the cloth diapers which helps them last longer and has the added benefit of saving energy and money.
- Machine Drying is the best for space, time, or weather restraints, & makes them softer and fluffier. It’s recommended to put a large dry towel in with the diapers to help them dry faster.
- You can use one or the other drying method exclusively or alter between the two depending on your preference or need.