Sunday, January 4, 2009

Changes...

First, I must apologize for being MIA the past few weeks. I’ve been so busy with the holidays and everything that comes with them that I wasn’t able to write many posts. I hope you don’t mind.

Now, on to more important things…

Along with the New Year there have been some new changes for me. I’ve written in the past that I will be returning to work part time. Things are about to get very busy for me! I’ve had to think about what I’ll be able to continue doing and what has to be done. I’ll still be a full time stay at home mom, not including school-time hours. I’ve been given enough freedom in my job that if something comes up such as a snow day or my son getting sick then I’ll be allowed to skip work penalty free. My mom will be my boss and she understands the difficulties of raising children as she’s raised 3 of her own and 2 step-children. Since I’ll be working outside the home for some hours during the day I will not have enough time for other things. I won’t be sewing as much. I’ll never stop sewing but I just won’t have as much time in the day as I used to. Since I won’t be sewing as much nor doing anything very interesting during the day I’ve decided to cut down on my blogging time. I’m not going to stop blogging as it is something I enjoy also. The main thing you’ll notice is I’ll no longer be posting my weekly accomplishments posts. I’m not going to have much to write about anyways! LOL As far as my Etsy store, I’ll still be keeping that up. I still have my full household duties so complete. My husband says he’ll try to help pick up the slack but we’ll see. I’m just glad I’ll be able to get out of the house and see some adult faces for a change. Pray that I don’t get too stressed out or annoyed at everyone!
Thank you to all my readers out there! I’ll still be around and you’ll see an occasional post but not quite as often as before.

Take Care!

~Heather

P.S. Here is an interesting article I found on women working part time. It’s very short & I would appreciate you taking the time to read it and commenting on it. What are your thoughts on the article? Agree? Disagree? What are your thoughts on women working in general? Please be civil in your comments!

3 comments:

  1. I disagree with the article. Personally, I would rather work full-time, but for myself not for someone else:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You for the comment Amariah!

    I think the most important point you made is working for yourself verses someone else. This would make a huge difference in how content someone would feel verses having to work for someone.

    I think the whole issue (for me) is if you've still got young children to care for. Other then that I'm still formulating my opinions about working. lol

    ~Heather

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with the article. Having worked full time, I felt like I was missing too much of my children's lives and my babysitter was seeing too many of my son's firsts. Having worked no outside job at all, I felt like my whole world revolved around my kids including any conversation I had with other adults. I felt like I was perhaps missing a small part of my whole. Now, working part time, I feel I'm getting the best of everything. I'm still able to do what I need to do in the house, for my husband, and in raising my children, while contributing some extra income so my kids can do extra curricular activities they otherwise wouldn't be able to do if I was working too much (no money). Plus I get some much needed adult only time. I feel having multiple parts to my whole makes me better able to deal with any situation that I run in to, better focus, less stress, more well rounded. I enjoy being home when it isn't the only thing I have to do and I enjoy work when I'm not there all the time missing my kids. That's my personal two cents. Sorry it's so long.

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews