Wednesday, May 22, 2013

The Apple Tree, Part 1




We have this really old apple tree in our backyard. It's been there forever and is no longer a good fruit bearing tree. At the end of winter this year we got an unseasonably large amount of snow, 14" one night to be exact. The heavy snow was too much for this poor apple tree and it partially fell.



We decided to cut the tree down. My husband is building a smoker so the wood will be re-purposed and everything will be used. And we will be putting in a veggie garden where the apple tree once was! In the past, I had to plant my garden at my in-laws house since they have several acres. Tree removal is going a little slowly because of the storms here in the Midwest. Hopefully I will be able to share our garden pictures with you soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews