Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Catching Up, a Birthday, & Knit Socks


This is a bit of a random post. The holiday weekend is over and I'm playing catch up. I've got lots of orders to package and ship and several custom orders to work on. Believe me, I'm working as fast as I can!

Lots of good food was eaten on Thanksgiving. Oh man, I feel it! The weather was beautiful and the family and I got out and worked in the yard. We have several big trees and lots of leaves that we raked up and burnt. And my boys spent lots of time cutting, splitting, hauling, and stacking wood for our stove. I think we wore ourselves out.

~*~

We celebrated Ian's 11th birthday yesterday. I really can't believe he's a pre-teen already. I made an angel food cake that we ate with strawberries and whip cream. Yum! We did something small for his birthday, instead of a big party he'll have a couple friends over this weekend for an overnight.

Ian & Bella

~*~

I started knitting a new pair of socks awhile ago. I'm the slowest knitter ever but they are coming along. I'm following a pattern in the book "Toe-Up 2-at-a-Time Socks" by Melissa Morgan-Oakes. Knitting 2-at-a-time is definitely my favorite way of creating socks. Anyways, I'm using a dark gray sock yarn. Hopefully I can get the socks along a little further in a week or 2 so I can show them off! Stay tuned. :)

Lots of great info in this book!
The socks pictured in the book that I'll be knitting

My gauge!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews