Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Happy Birthday!




Happy Birthday to ME! Today I'm celebrating the big 3-0. It doesn't even seem real because I still feel the same as I did 5 or 10 years ago. Ok, maybe I have a bit more responsibility these days. 

Life is going really well. We've had 5 snow days over the past 6 school days. Both my boys were home and cabin crazy all of last week. I was able to send my older son out the door or to a friends house but my 4 year old really can't do that yet! He's a mama's boy anyways, which is why I hardly get anything done with him around. :)

Other then the snow, my sewing business is great. I still enjoy what I do and probably will for a long time. Things are still growing steadily and there are still so many ideas and products to work on. I'm still really thankful for the 2 excellent seamstress contractors I hired. They make things go so much more smoothly. I can send ready-to-ship sewing off with them while I focus on the more detailed or custom order items. At the rate I'm going I might have to bring on another helper in the next 6 months. I can't do it all myself even if I wanted to.

They hubby is also doing well. He came home from a year long deployment last late-May. The first 6 months of being home can be pretty rocky for some families but I think we managed pretty well! In 2014 we are looking forward to him finishing his enlisted soldier classes and hopefully starting on the officer schooling. This will means weeks and months of him being gone at different military bases/schools around the country but it's nothing we can't handle. Been there, done that- basically.

Anyways, that's just a little update in my life. The 30's are going to be great! I have a great family and business and as I always say... the grass is always greener wherever you water it. ;)

~Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews