Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Pink Flamingo Halter Top


The real reason I bought this pink flamingo fabric was to make a halter top. After I cut it out it just needed a little bag to go with it. The collar detail is probably my favorite part of this top!

I've been working hard at planning and prepping my warm weather wardrobe with rockabilly and vintage style clothing. I just need something to pop and make me smile in my everyday life. :)
This is the first of the tops I completed. I hope to make several more pieces of clothing before it gets warm.

The pattern for this halter top is a vintage reproduction. I purchased it from La Prairie Lady on Etsy. If you purchase this pattern I recommend making a muslin mock up to make sure it fits perfectly and to do a run through of following the instructions before you cut up your good fabric. I had to shorten the torso on my pattern (I'm kinda short!) and readjust the darts a little. There is also an invisible side zipper. I got lots of help on how to do the alterations and zipper from craftsy.com.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews