Skill Level: Intermediate
- Your previously made journal pages
- Your previously made journal cover
- Card Stock
- Mod Podge- I'm using Matte finish
- Paint Brush
- Something Heavy
- Wax Paper
- Cut your card stock to the correct size. For my journal I needed 8.5 inches X 11 inches. Fold in half and crease. The card stock is also called the endpaper.
- Apply Mod Podge to the journal cover and stick the endpaper on, crease towards the spine. Using the brayer, roll out any air bubbles. Put a piece of wax paper in the middle of the endpaper to keep the pages from sticking together.
- With wax paper between the first and second pages of the journal pages, apply Mod Podge to the top page. Stick the endpaper to the Mod Podge, crease towards the spine and roll out any air bubbles with the card stock.
- Repeat with the back cover.
- Admire your new journal!
- With wax paper between your pages and covers, place your journal under a heavy weight and let dry for at least 24 hours.
- When dry admire your freshly made hand bound book!
And this concludes the third post in my book binding series. You can find the first post HERE and the second post HERE. I hope you enjoyed this mini-series on book binding!
I'd love to hear from you! Leave me a comment!