Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Deployment




Last weekend we sent my husband off on his year long deployment. He'll be headed over seas shortly. We've spent this past week sort of getting in to a routine. I say 'sort of' because it's summer and were aren't planning or doing much besides relaxing a bit.


We had a Farewell BBQ for him and had lots of friends and family show up. I didn't get photos of everyone but there were roughly 30 people. It was a great turn out and a nice evening.


Saturday, June 9th, 2012 was the Deployment Ceremony in Sedalia, Missouri where the 35th Combat Aviation Brigade is stationed. It was the official 'good-bye'. The band played and the representatives for the governor of Missouri and Missouri house representatives spoke along with the mayor of Sedalia. The ceremony lasted about an hour long after which my family went out for lunch. My parents took our boys for the night so Justin and I could have 1 last night alone. Sunday we were up by 4am because the unit headed out at 5am.



 

June 11th was our 7th anniversary and Justin had these roses delivered! This was our 4th anniversary apart… we have some time to make up!

This next year is going to be full of challenges and surprises but I feel like I'm prepared for it. The boys and I are doing great so far. :) Let's hope it stays that way!





1 comment:

  1. Big adjustments...I hope you will find lots of people help you find some time for yourself too!

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews