Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Heather's Weekly Gazette

Hi, Everyone!

I've really been missing blogging as a creative outlet. Time and life hasn't really allowed for much of it for a while though. Instead, I thought I'd take photos throughout the week and compile a weekly post. I hope to write about how my business is going, what I'm sewing for it, what I'm sewing for myself... you know all those WIPs (works in progress). I'm also going to share about my yarn adventures, mistakes and things I'm improving on, and UFOs (unfinished objects). Besides my crafty side I'll share with you things about life and my college experiences! Hopefully, this helps me get the juices flowing so I can share some more interesting things in the future. :)

Social Media Outlet

As with the blogging, much of my social media outlets get pushed by the wayside. I do try to keep up as often as I can though to let you all know what's going on. My Facebook page is Heather's Green Home Goods. My Pinterest, Instagram, and Twitter handle is hgreenhomegoods. (As a side note: I've been on instagram for awhile. Recently something happened to my account and it was deleted! I have no idea why! I had to create a new account and start all over. Oh well, it will all work out for the best.)

Business Buzz

I've been so busy with college that I've needed to take a break. I've got 2 Etsy shops, my own .com, and I sell on Amazon. My Etsy shops and .com are on vacation and pointed towards Amazon. I have Amazon set up so I can ship them my items and they ship Amazon Prime. I'll let you know when I open everything back up again.

Business Undertakings

This week I've been taking my time sewing on some purses for a local salon. The purses are the perfect niche for this place... lots of ladies getting dolled up and checking out all the products on hand. I finished a pink purse and am working on a fun green and turquoise scallop purse. You can buy them at A Passion for Nails (& Hair!).



My Sewing Pursuits

I've been sewing on a muslin mock up of a fun new summer dress for myself. (For those that don't know, a muslin mock up is made out of cheap muslin fabric. If the pattern isn't fitting just right then corrections can be made on the muslin and transferred back to the pattern. This saves your good fabric for the final product!) On this pattern I already had to adjust the sizing up to fit and have started sewing both bodice styles. Trying on and fitting are coming soon. I really like this pattern because of the open back and I can't wait to show off my tattoos with these fun dresses!

The Yarn Alcove

I've grown a lot over the past year as a knitter. One project that I've really wanted to make was a shawl. I finally found a pattern that I love! It's called the Woodland Shawl. I'm working in a self striping fingering weight green yarn. I *think* it's Stroll Hand Painted Sock Yarn but I've had it for 2 years waiting for me to decide what to make from it and I can't find the info card for it. I started over the weekend and have knitted up to the first leaf pattern repeat. Oh, I'm loving it so far!


UFO's (unfinished objects)

I have tons of UFO's. I think I have CADD, that's Crafty Attentive Deficit Disorder for those who don't know I start a project, get bored, and start something else. My goal is to pick one of my UFO's and make some progress on it!

This week I pick my canvas log cabin project. My next step is to work part of the roof. It's a pretty big section so I'm not sure if I'll get it done this week. I'll try to work on it before I pick up my knitting since I can do both of them while watching TV in the evenings with the family. I'll update my progress next week!

Home & Other Stuff

This post is getting pretty long so I better wrap things up. Everything at home seems to be running pretty smoothly. I'm really trying to take it easy. ;) I'm on Spring Break and head back to the college grindstone next week so things will probably change. I've also been exercising and I hope to talk about what I'm training for in a future post. Until then... have a great week!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews