Monday, March 30, 2015

Sew-Along: Midget Block 1: Ohio Star


I recently came across a beautiful Depression Era sampler quilt as I was researching quilt ideas to use up all my scraps. I love making scrappy quilts and I hate tossing out fabric from the projects I've completed. Needless to say, I have tons of scraps! :)

Sentimental Stitches has a sample quilt series called Midget Blocks that reproduces the Depression Era quilt. Each block measures 4" square once completed and there are 196 of these little blocks.

I know, I don't need another project, but I fell in love with it and couldn't pass it up!

The first 50 blocks you'll need to purchase. And at $22 (that's .44 cents each) I couldn't resist. The instructions are well worth it, along with modern updates to the patterns such as paper piecing. The rest of the blocks are free!

Here's the first of my blocks, completed. This one is titled 'Ohio Star'. It's been updated to a paper pieced block that goes together super fast! I chose a minty green for the star and a shiny pink dot on pink for the background. I did my best to line up those little circles, maybe I should have chosen an all-over pink pattern instead. Oh well, it still works for me! I'm not too big of a perfectionist. ;)




Anyone want to join me for a sew-along?

Add your completed blocks to the Flickr Group!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews