Thursday, January 26, 2017

Mint and Chocolate Chip Shawl





I've never designed any knitting patterns before. I've always found plenty of inspiration on Ravelry. But I recently made that leap and tried my hand at making up something for myself. It was a challenge, to say the least, that I doubt I'll repeat any time soon. :) The finished garment turned out beautifully and is just like my favorite ice-cream inspired treat.

Testing the pattern
I came across mosaic knitting while working on another shawl. I liked the idea and knitted up a test swatch so I could determine how many repeats I wanted.

Finished knitting the border
The completed bottom border with all the diamond repeats has a nice weighted/drapey feel to it. The mosaic knitting was really enjoyable!

Working on the shawl
Knitting the last of the striped repeats on the shawl seemed to take forever. As soon as it was done I wove in the ends, washed and blocked it, and called it done!

I took notes on my progress but I doubt I can make heads or tails of them now and I'm not going to become the next amazing knitting designer. I'm happy to make my own stuff and keep it at that.

Thanks for stopping by!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews