Monday, January 30, 2017

Striped Socks


Learning to dye my own yarn has been a lot of fun! Making self-striped yarn was easier then I thought. My first test I used the primary colors: red, yellow, and blue. The next time I make striped yarn, I'll be sure to photograph it so I can make a tutorial.

I do have a few hand dyed striped yarns available in my shop Color to Dye For!


My go-to sock knitting pattern is David's Toe Up Sock Cookbook from Ravelry. It's one of the easiest patterns to follow that I've found so far. These socks are considered 'plain vanilla' aka basic knit with no pattern design. You can make fancy lace-y socks with this pattern as long as you make a gauge. Yes, I said the G-word! Anyways, this striped yarn didn't look that great with anything but a knit stitch.


I hope to make more fun yarn and socks as time allows! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews