Sunday, August 15, 2010

Day 1: Baby Steps

I am lost in the craziness and clutter of my home and as I stated in my previous post, it's time to regain my focus.


To do this I'm returning to an old favorite, Flylady.

She helped me keep it together in the past and I thought I was ready to fly alone but like the mama bird who too anxiously and too early pushes her baby bird out of the nest I fell hopelessly to the ground. Sorry, I'm being overly dramatic. :)

Day 1 starts with a great pep talk.

And today's first habit is to go shine your sink.


Today my sink was amazingly already clear of dishes so all I had to do was disinfect it and scrub it clean. Usually dishes get left in the sink for me to take care of. I don't mind this because I don't have to run around the house gathering dirty dishes. In the past I've tried to get my husband to put his dishes in the dishwasher but it's more trouble then it's worth and I don't know why he refuses to do this little thing to help me out. I think I will try again and take Flylady's suggestion and put a sticky note on the window that says 'put your dirty dishes in the dishwasher'. Just like in #10, they will think I've gone crazy. But I thought I already was so it's no big deal.

So who is with me in taking baby steps to a cleaner, happier home? I dare you!

I can already see my smiling face in my shiny sink…

~Heather~

1 comment:

  1. I love a shiny sink. I tried Flylady for awhile and then slipped away from the routines. May I should get back to it too.

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews