Bake Time: 8-12 Minutes
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken-breast halves (I'll use only 4)
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 Tbs. plus 1 tsp. olive oil, divided
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbs. minced onion (I'll probably just sprinkle on some onion powder)
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream (don't use milk, the fats in the whipping cream keep the sauce from separating)
- 1/3 cup grate Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1 Tbs. coarsely chopped fresh parsley (I'll probably substitute dried parsley to save on the budget)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place flour in a shallow dish or pie plate. Sprinkle chicken with salt; coat with flour. Heat 2 Tbs olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add chicken; cook, turning once, until golden, 2-4 minutes per side. Remove chicken from skillet; place in a 13X9- inch baking dish.
- Heat remaining olive oil in same skillet over medium heat until hot. Add garlic and onion; cook until garlic is fragrant and onion is tender, 1-2 minutes. Increase heat to medium-high; add whipping cream, Parmesan and pepper. Cook until sauce is bubbly and slightly thickened, 2-3 minutes. Spoon over chicken in dish.
- Bake chicken until an instant-read thermometer inserted in center of chicken registers 180 degrees, 8-12 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley. (I don't have a thermometer so I just do a visual check by cutting into the thickest part of the chicken & looking to see if it's done.)