Friday, October 22, 2010

Playing Dress Up

Sometimes, I like to play dress up too!


A long while ago I made 3 dresses in a Swing Era style. The dresses called for an invisible zipper to be put in which required a special sewing machine foot. I began searching for it but then I got sidetracked and never found it or finished the dresses.

Not that long ago I pulled the dresses back out and decided to finish putting in the zippers even though I didn't have the sewing machine foot that I needed. In 2 days I put in the zippers and hemmed the 3 dresses. The charcoal gray dress was shortened to knee length and the red and cream dresses were left at mid-calf length.

I love these dresses! They are very feminine, modest, and comfortable. They tie at the back, have a zipper under the left arm at the waist, and the bodice crosses in the front which can be pinned high or low with a pretty, decorative pin.

I would love to carry these in my shop and would be happy to take requests. If you are interested you can email me at heathers_custom_sewing@yahoo.com. I have sizes for 6 all the way up to 26. Please, email me for specific sizes and measurements. I am asking $65, which I believe to be reasonable for a custom made dress. If you have any suggestions, questions, or comments don't hesitate to contact me!

~Heather

1 comment:

  1. Good idea to take orders and use your blog for these pretty dresses!

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews