Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Fitness Friday: My SMART Goal!

*A Fitness Friday Special*

Do you have a fitness goal? Well, why not? It's something that would be SMART…


What is your Specific Measurable Attainable Realistic Tangible goal?

S- What do you want to accomplish? The more specific you are, the better.
M- How do you plan on measuring your progress, and what is your 'end date'?
A- Is it attainable? Do you feel like you can complete this goal? If not, refine until you feel it's attainable.
R- Can you realistically get it accomplished in the given amount of time?
T- Is it tangible? Meaning - is it something you can DO rather than just feel?
Source

Here is my SMART goal:

S:
  • Short term: I want to complete the 10 week program I have made for myself and to exercise 6 days a week. (My program cycles through using the treadmill and elliptical for cardio and the total gym and weight machine for strength training. It also builds on itself as time goes on and I get stronger and more durable.)
  • Long term: Loose my belly fat, slim down and build muscle. I want to comfortably (and confidently) wear a bikini this summer. I'm going to avoid saying "I want to weigh..." because muscle weighs more than fat but I really need to loose about 20 pounds.
M: I will be weighing myself and measuring my waist, hips and thighs weekly as part of my routine.

A: I absolutely feel my goals are attainable!

R: Yes, I can!

T: Yes! I can do it (and I know I can)!

Alright now that we have our goals set it’s time to get exercising. It doesn’t have to be big or extensive as long as you GET UP and MOVE! I have created myself a 10 week exercise plan that builds on its self. I don’t have a gym available but I do have a treadmill, elliptical, total gym and weight machine in my basement. Most of our equipment was bought used but in practically new condition. If you’re in the market for exercise equipment, begin your search on craigslist.com. If you have a gym available then take advantage of it!

What are your goals? I'd love to know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews