Monday, February 7, 2011

Fitness Friday Wake-Up Call!

*A Fitness Friday Special- I know it's not Friday yet. :)

A couple of years ago I started Fitness Fridays. The goal was to keep me accountable for my fitness, weight loss, to pass along any knowledge I might gain, and to encourage others who are also on the same journey.

Then I got pregnant and my weight loss journey was sort of put on hold. Then my baby was born and I just didn't have the time or energy to exercise. Then we started homeschooling. And, well, then I realized I was making excuses! I kept telling myself that I just didn't have the time to get in shape, exercise, or eat right.

But what am I really accomplishing by not doing anything of those things? I'm not getting any healthier and in doing so my quality of life is being challenged. And I'm not setting a very good example for my family, especially my 2 boys who watch my every move. And there was my wake-up call!

Now I am on a mission to become healthy and fit again. I'll mostly use this as an accountability for myself but I encourage anyone out there to join in. I'll post about my progress and any tips or tricks I learn about along the way.

So, are you with me?


1 comment:

  1. I recently just started going to a gym for an hour a day three days a week...and for the same reasons. I want to improve my quality of life, and I want to set a good example for my preschool son....now when I get home with my gym bag he asks me what "extracises" I did and I show him and we "work out" for a bit together!

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews