Thursday, October 27, 2011

A Hiccup

We've had a bit of a hiccup in our schedule this week. Well, maybe a stomach bug isn't so much a hiccup as a monkey wrench. Of course, I just had to get it too! And all you mothers out there know that when mama gets sick the whole house practically stops working. I'm better now… thank goodness!

I've had several posts I wanted to write in the past couple days but I just didn't have the energy. So today I'll just do a little bit of randomness and then get back on track with things tomorrow!

TV
I'm still doing well with keeping my TV viewing time to about 2 hours a day (including while being sick and sitting in bed). Now that I feel better I'll probably be too busy to even watch that much. Jameson, however, has not been doing well. I've let him watch way more then 2 hours a day especially while I was sick. I'm trying to cut him back down again. Ian hasn't gotten sick (hope it stays that way!) & he's been too busy with school and other things to be watching TV.

Sewing Machine
I got a 'new-to-me' sewing machine awhile ago. It's a Husqvarna Viking. This belonged to my step-mother-in-law (SMIL) and my father-in-law (FIL) finally decided to let it go (to me). If you know my FIL, he hoards. Last year he cleaned out SMIL's fabric stash. Well, he basically just brought it all to me to deal with and I'm glad because much of it was still good to use but the place it was stored in would have deteriorated it within 6 months. Anyways, this machine is supposed to be a work horse and I'm glad he knew right where to find it. It also has a deep and thin throat which is ideal when sewing those little armholes. But I got this machine specifically to sew my jean diaper covers on. Lets hope it works… I still haven't had time to turn it on! And let's see this machine makes machine #8… I collect sewing machines apparently. ;D

Quilt
I've been busy piecing and appliquéing a new quilt. I'll just show you a sneak peak of the main block design. I've used all scraps from my past sewing projects which I can recognize and remember most of.

Ahhhh Hexi's!
My sister is starting a hexigon tutorial on her blog… hop on over and check it out! I'll be joining in. :)

Giveaway
Don't forget I still have a giveaway going on… hop on over to that post and add yourself to the comments. The giveaway closes tomorrow sometime (probably during nap time).

And lastly, let's hope for NO MORE monkey wrenches!!!




2 comments:

  1. Ok so all of this is super cool, except for the Monkey wrench, of course! lol Love the Quilt, the Hexie and your fabric choices. Glad you are feeling better :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yucky ol flu! I hope that machine works good for your denim!! Denim kills newer machines as you know I've learned.

    Love your Hexie fabric. You have a dress in that print don't you? I remember as I used to have some of that fabric too, and loved it.

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews