Wednesday, November 16, 2011

My Sewing Room

I always love seeing other peoples craft spaces and sewing rooms and I thought I'd share mine with you. My husband and I are in the planning phase of making some built in bookshelves with a counter top and a cutting center that will stretch onto 2 walls of my sewing room. The hope is for a more efficient space with tons of extra storage. We'll be doing a few small projects around the house Thanksgiving weekend that will help prep for the new changes and I'm super excited to get started. New paint, new shelves, new sewing space. Ahhhh! I can't wait!

But for now this is my sewing room (which is only a 10'x13' room)...

My sewing table and writting/computer desk which faces the window that looks out into our back yard.

To the left of the writting desk are my shelves full of current projects and a little of this and a little of that. My dressform, which is fully dressed, and a small bookshelf fill in the extra space.

The opposite wall from my sewing table is my vanity which holds my yarn and thread collection along with my hair and make-up stuff (no outlet or space in the bathroom so it has to go here). The small shelf next to it has my extra sewing machines, shipping supplies, sewing books, business books, etc.
 
To the right of the sewing table is my design cork board, ironing board, and a small storage closet.

Inside the storage closet I have all my ready to ship inventory, sewing patterns, hand dying stuff, quilt batting, more boxes of stuff, etc.

This is the basement fabric storage area. Most of my fabric is here on mini-bolts.

And before you ask... I'm in between projects which is why my sewing room is so clean. ;)



2 comments:

  1. I thought about taking a photo of my terrible, horrible, messy work space yesterday before I cleaned it up. Ha! I'll take a shot of it cleaned up,and then messy, because it WILL get messy again. Then maybe I'll post it. Ha!
    Loved seeing your workspace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so nice to see your neat and tidu sewing space

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews