Thursday, November 10, 2011

Something for Me: The Walk Away Dress

I wrote about this earlier in the week. I'm really trying to update my wardrobe with new, pretty, and vintage style clothes.

This pattern actually has a little history behind it. It was first printed in 1952 by Butterick. It was so popular that they shut down the production of all other patterns until they caught up on this one. I actually wrote more about this in my Pattern Drafting Series: A Historical Timeline.

I love, love, love this dress! It was fairly simple to put together although the skirt hemming and binding was time consuming and it uses almost 5 yards of fabric... but you gotta love that circle skirt! It's very twirly, girly, and flirty. ;)



 And for those curious... here's the most recent face behind the shops/blog/sewing machine!







2 comments:

  1. A timeless dress pattern! I think it is very striking and well done for you and your minutes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It just goes to show that a good design stands the test of time. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews