Monday, November 14, 2011

Perfectly Imperfect

I recently read a really great post over at SimpleMom.net about how it's ok to not be perfect, to not have it all together. So I thought I'd fess up too and let you in on some of the stuff I don't do.


  • I don't dress nice everyday. In fact, today I never changed clothes after my morning yoga session.
  • I don't wear make up or do my hair. Occasionally I do or when I feel like I need something extra but it's definitely not every day!
  • I don't clean the house daily or even weekly. It gets cleaned about once every 2 weeks (vacuum, dust, mop, bathrooms, etc). Clutter, on the other hand, gets dealt with on a daily basis, if not it goes in my 'in-box' to deal with as soon as possible. Clutter and cleaning are 2 different things in my book. :)
  • I don't exercise regularly. I'm really trying to remedy this but having a toddler in the house is not conducive to exercising in a timely manner. lol
  • I don't run errands as often as I should. It's exhausting to shop with a toddler who screams that he's 'stuck' at the top of his lungs when you buckle him in the cart while getting dirty looks from the other shoppers. Not fun.
  • I don't do dishes… much. Throughout the day dishes get tossed in the sink (that's my only rule… dishes must go in the sink). At the end of the day I rinse them off & stick them in the dishwasher. Sometimes I don't even rinse. Handwashing, such as the big pots and pans, usually sit until I have a nice big stack, making it worth my time to wash them all at once.
  • I don't make my bed, or the kids beds. The only time they get made is when fresh sheets get put on (which I do weekly) and then the bed gets jumped on almost immediately… gotta love those toddlers!
  • I don't make Ian's school lunches anymore. I used to when he first started going to school, then he came home to be homeschooled to get him over a hump (that's another thing I don't do anymore… homeschool) and this year I applied and qualified for reduced lunch costs so I don't have to make his lunch at home anymore. This makes my morning routine SO much easier!
  • And lastly, I don't feel guilty for not doing these things!

So what about you?! I'd love to hear about the things that you don't do that make you perfectly imperfect!





3 comments:

  1. That's pretty cool...that you admitted these. I'm thinking about what I don't do... well, there are just too many to mention!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather, Your list could be my list with little exceptions. I'm totally ok with not being perfect! Life would be dull and boring if everyone was perfect all the time! The one thing I don't do is food shopping! I hate it! I will wait until there is nothing left to cook before going to the supermarket. Luckily my hubby loves a fridge full of food so he often will do the food shopping. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never get 'dressed up'. Comfy is the rule of our household. We like it and who cares. As for the rest of your list...to each his own and you do your thing that works for you.

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews