Thursday, March 21, 2013

Never Stop Learning


"The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you'll go."
~Dr. Seuss

That quote couldn't be more true! With my husband gone on deployment I've kept myself as busy as possible. I read when I can, and listen to books when I can't. I learn new things every day. I enjoy learning and creating new things.


One thing that I've been learning a lot about lately is knitting. I have found that I really enjoy it and more specifically I like to knit socks. I've taught myself how to knit, then moved on to how to knit socks, how to use circular needles, and finally how to knit them 2-at-a-time on the same circular needles. It's fun, it keeps my mind and hands busy, and I can create beautiful things from seemingly nothing.

I've also gotten interested in Fair Isle knitting or color work. I've gotten several books, one of which goes into detail about the history of Fair Isle. It was very interesting! I have a new project ready and waiting to practice my new found color work knitting knowledge on. I can't wait to show it off!


Do you enjoy learning? What new things have you learned lately?

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews