Monday, November 4, 2013

Sewing for Myself!



I've been trying to take some time to sew for myself lately. I took a couple Craftsy classes on pattern alteration and fitting and put them to good use.

The first shirt I made is a little red and black number. This is a vintage reproduction halter top shirt (pattern here) . The red binding on the collar is a bit sailor reminiscent so I call it my Sailor Top. And to top it all off, I made a new skirt for my 31 Fitted Purse Skirt with the same red binding. Let's face it, that purse is cute but I wanted something to match my outfits! (No, I'm not selling these, they are for my personal use.) I ended up sacrificing a purse skirt that I didn't really care for to create the pattern from. Now I have endless possibilities!








 My next project was also a vintage reproduction fitted top (pattern here). This is a shirt from the 1940's Swing Era. I call it my 'Travelin' Top', well because I made it out of fabric with all the US states printed on it (and I plan to wear it while traveling this winter while on a cruise!). I also made another one of those really cool purses by Pattern Play on Etsy and a basic purse skirt for my 31 Purse.




 


I love sewing for myself. Endless possibilities and never one of a kind. <3

Thanks for stopping by!
~Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews