Thursday, November 7, 2013

Snap Press Improvements


Over a year ago I bought myself a snap press. If you're not sure what that is, it's the tool that installs the snaps on the cloth diapers I make. For the longest time I'd been applying snaps with a hand-held pliers. How tedious and time consuming could it be? Very. The snap press is the way to go for professionals, like myself, who have a business that needs to apply hundreds of snaps at a time.

There is a hole in the back of the handle that allows you to hook a chain to and run it down to the floor to a foot pedal, turning it from hand operated to foot operated, and increasing your speed and efficiency. I'd asked him to turn it into foot operated for me because my hands were getting blisters from the handle. Well, my husband took it a step further. He decided to turn it into an air-operated foot pedal snap press. It's really the neatest thing and so easy to use!

I hope to get a video of me using it soon. There's too much to tell, it'd be easier to show it off. :) Until then, this is what it looks like...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews