Friday, May 22, 2015

Hand Knit Owl Mittens, Part 1


I've been teaching myself to knit for a couple of years now. I've made all the obligatory dishtowels, have learned to make socks, and work on circular needles. I needed a new challenge! These hand knit owl mittens were just the thing. :)

For this project I learned to use DPNs (doube point needles). I bought these beautiful needles from KnitPicks, HERE. They're actually easier to use then I imagined and I'm glad I invested in them. 

I also learned to do colorwork. I've admired this technique for a long time and just needed the right project to start. The pattern is called Owl Mittens and is designed by Spilly Jane. You can find the pattern for sale on Ravelry, HERE

The yarns I'm using are Capretta's Turmeric and Wine fingering weight. You can find them, HERE.

I'm a slow knitter so I only have 1 mitten partially finished. I figured that if I started working on them this spring that I should have them done by this fall! Well, that's the hope. :)

Knitting the cuff


Beginning the colorwork

Kitting the owl pattern

The owl pattern is looking great!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews