Friday, May 29, 2015

Sew-A-Long: Midget Block 7: Railroad Crossing


The Railroad Crossing block was a nice break from all the paper-piecing I did on the last 2 blocks. The central X was sewn in strips and then cut to the correct size and then everything was sewn together on the diagonal. For this block I chose a red and white stripe and a printed blue fabric that almost looks hand-dyed but isn't. I'm glad for the simple design of this one but it's not really one of my favorites. Maybe I would like it better if I'd chosen different fabrics but I'm too lazy to re-do it. ;)






Each block will be 4" completed... the first 50 block instructions can be purchased from Sentimental Stitches but instructions for blocks 51 through 196 are free. Check them out HERE!

If you're sewing along I'd love to see your completed blocks in the Flickr Group! :)






No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews