Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Sewing Wednesdays

I have been fairly busy this past week! Things have been sort of going smoothly so I got a few things done!

After I got my sewing room cleaned up I finished transferring a pattern onto interfacing. This is a trick some seamstresses use when they want a pattern to last a really long time. Well, my pattern was just printed from the computer & it was falling apart so I went ahead & made a much better one!


From the new pattern I cut out 2 new dressed. These are the same dresses as the 1940's swing dress that I previously made.





I also designed & completed a wrap around Hawaiian Luau skirt! I think this turned out really great. I plan to wear it to my friends Hawaiian themed bridal shower but I'll wear to other places too!




Well, that's it for this week! Thanks for taking a peak in to my sewing room with me!

~Heather

3 comments:

  1. You need to consider giving sewing lessons. I mean that. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll start by teaching you how to put in a zipper & sleeves :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice!
    You are inspiring me to start sewing again :)

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews