Thursday, July 1, 2010

ACU Mei Tai Baby Carrier

I just had to show off my new baby carrier. I spent about a day working on this & it turned out better then I could have hoped for! The outer material is made from ACU (aka military/army) material. I wanted something my husband could use too. Plus, I just like it. The inner material is soft micro fleece in an off-white. I wanted something comfy next to Jamie & this was the closest thing that would match. The pattern I used comes from THIS website. It's under copywrite & I have no plans to make these to sell anyway since there is too much liability in it. But if you want to make your own, then go for it!

Here we are....

Here we are from the back....

And here is the carrier laid out on the floor....

4 comments:

  1. Good job you made on the carrier!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Time to hike! Burr Oak woods here you come :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. In the first picture, you look a little hunched over-- is this a comfortable hold??

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think she's hunched over cus the baby isn't high enough. I did this when I felt the baby wasn't on tight enough. But it looks like she was just taking a pic of it so it's not like she was gonna keep baby in for long. I used to wear my daughter on my back all the time. It was the only way I could get anything done lol

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews