Thursday, July 7, 2011

A New Enthusiast

Last week I bought Ian his own sewing machine. He'll be taking some sewing lessons during this up-coming school year from me and I thought it was time to get him his own machine. Granted, I did this more for me, so he couldn't ruin my good sewing machine. I found the machine, on sale, at Walmart. It's a Brother LX-3125 for those who are interested. It's a very basic machine but will get the job done. Ian can't wait for the projects I've got planned but for now he's just happy to sew together scraps of fabric!


He's also been learning to use the iron. He asks me if I have anything that needs ironed now. How can I refuse that?

Even if he never touches the sewing machine and iron as an adult he has at least been taught how to use them.

3 comments:

  1. That is wonderful! As you know, I too bought my son his first sewing machine this weekend!! (although I must admit, it was hard to find a toddler-sized one without flowers or being pink LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  2. THere is a blog posting a special just for kids section from now on. I'll find the link and send it next time her blog shows up in my reader.

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews