Monday, August 6, 2012

Amigurumi Monster

A couple months ago I had my older son draw up something so I could attempt to create an amigurumi from it. Amigurumi is the art of crocheted doll making. I love making ami's! This drawing turned out to be a gross monster though. But hey, it's different and what my son wanted me to make!


You can see in the drawing that he wanted it to be 22 feet tall. I told him, he'd be lucky if it was a foot tall. lol


Here is the head completed. I used the perfect sphere as the base and added the features before I finished crocheting the ball.



And here we have some progress! The head was probably the most difficult to get the features right and to not be too creepy.



The finished monster has an appliqued heart in the center of the chest, instead of the intestines from the original drawing... the designer asked me to change that. lol And the arms and legs are moveable, which I learned to do from one of those Dummie's books. :)

I really enjoyed making this and we love how well it turned out! What do you think??



2 comments:

  1. This is great! Fabulous Mother Son time! He will remember this for a very long time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I think you did a great job...but what did Mr Designer say?

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews