Friday, June 10, 2011

Mystery Quilt Revealed!

During the month of May my sister, Tonya, hosted a Mystery Stitch and Quilt Along on her blog. I decided to give it a go and am so glad I did.

You can find the links to each post of the mystery HERE.

And here is my completed quilt, all hung up and everything! Click on the image to see a larger picture with all the details. I'm so happy that I got this done. I honestly think it's the quickest quilt I've ever made. :)

What do I like about this quilt? Everything! I used scraps of fabric from my stash and I tried a new technique for the embroidery (crayon method). I also enjoyed the mystery aspect of it.

What do I not like about this quilt? And this is totally my fault… I don't really like the quilting. It's pretty but I didn't have a walking foot so the quilt shifted in spots (not really that big of a deal since it's on my wall and not a customers).

Overall, I'm very happy with this! I'm going to love bringing it out every spring!

2 comments:

  1. I don't notice the quilting but I actually don't like the quilting on my version either. Still it was fun to do! Yours turned out very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty and unique! Thanks for posting Heather.

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews