Saturday, June 18, 2011

Sewing Saturday: WIPs

For those that don’t know WIP= Works In Progress.


This past week or so has been super busy for me! No wonder with 3 baseball games, doctor appointments, and a traveling husband who's gone out of town, come home and gone back out. Oh yeah, and finishing the last week of our homeschool in the middle of all that. Sometimes I wonder how I've not gone insane with all the busy-ness.

Well, I haven't gotten a lot done so I thought I'd show you my WIPs.

WIP #1 > Jean Diaper Cover Wholesale Order
-I'm on the final leg of these, all I need to do it put the elastic in the waistband and legs. If I could find another hour or 2 they'd be done!
-These last 5 will complete the 17 I've created. If you are wondering why it's taking me so long to create these… well, I added up my time one day… 1 cover takes me 2 hours from start to finish, multiply that by 17 and when all is said and done I will have worked for 34 hours. Now, IF, I could devote a full 8 hour day to these… no problem… but if you've been reading my blog for any length of time you will know that I might get to sew for an hour or 2 a day, late at night, if I can stay awake… *sigh* :)


WIP #2 > Marcia's Shirt
-This isn't technically started but she sent me this really cute rooster fabric and it's just sitting there waiting on me to finish WIPs #1. More on this later!


And that brings me to show you my sewing room closet where I hang all my WIPs. They are just begging me to work on them… can you hear them? "Heather… come SEW me!" LOL


2 comments:

  1. I bet you get a lot more done than you think! Sounds like you are very organized! And remember there is no rush on the shirt --- I do have another shirt I can wear while I am waiting! LOL

    I like your Sewing Saturday WIP !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know Marcia is excited to get her shirt. Good luck on finding sewing time. Have you gotten used to spending less time sewing? I have. I have times when I wish I had more time...but the little guys aren't little for ever. Even the older ones. Seth is looking all teen-ish now. sigh.

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews