Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Knitted Socks


I've been wanting to learn to knit (or crochet) socks for years now. I've never had the courage, time, patience, or skill to try until I got me one of these…


This is a knitting board, specifically made for knitting socks. I got mine at Jo-Ann's using my coupon.

I decided to test my new toy using some not-so-loved sock yarn in my stash and by picking the smallest foot in the house (aka Jameson) to make them for.

The loom I got is adjustable and using a simple formula I was able to figure out how many pegs to use and where to adjust the movable side to.

The whole thing was made even easier by a DVD that came with loom AND on their website they have even more videos to help you get started and making all kinds of things (not just socks). You can purchase all their available knitting boards straight from the website too. I'm thinking about getting one to knit dishcloths on.

The end product turned out better then I could have hoped, even with the funny looking yarn. LOL But Jameson doesn't care, he just thinks they are cool because mommy made them for him!





2 comments:

  1. They turned out great! I'd like to knit some socks someday... maybe I just will! :)

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews