I made this recipe up after getting a beef shoulder roast and not knowing what to do with it. My crockpot is my best friend in that it cooks the meat the best, easiest way I know how.
• Beef Shoulder Roast (1 or 2 pounds or more depending on how much you need for your family)
• 2 (15 oz.) cans beef stock
• 1-2 teaspoons rosemary
• Sea Salt
• 1 bay leaf
• Stew veggies- potatoes, carrots, onions, celery, etc.
• Ball up some foil & put in the bottom of the crockpot. (You'll put the meat on top of this & this little trick prevents the bottom from burning.)
• Pour in the beef stock, put your meat on top of the foil, add in the spices/seasonings, and put in your stew veggies. If you're going to be away for a long time then put the heat on low (to cook for longer than 6 hours), but if you don't then it on hot to cook in 4-6 hours.
• Before serving remove the bay leaf & foil. You can take it all out & display it nicely or just leave it in the crockpot for everyone to grab what they want & go.