Sunday, March 14, 2010

Foil Packet Chicken

Prep: 10 Minutes
Total: 50 Minutes

Ingredients:
• 1 pkg (6oz.) Stuffing mix- chicken flavored
• 1 3/4 cups water, divided
• 6 small boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, about 1/2 inch thick (using thicker chicken will require longer cooking time)
*Edited to add- I was out of chicken & used pork chops instead & the recipe came out just as good!*
• 4 slices thinly sliced ham, chopped (I buy a package of pre-cooked cubed ham)
• 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms (you can also use canned mushrooms- I make my foil pack without mushrooms since I don't like them)
• 1 cup frozen peas (I use less because I'm the only one who likes peas so I leave them out of everyone else's foil packs)
• 1 can (10 3/4 oz.) condensed cream of mushroom soap

Directions:
• Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Mix stuffing mix with 1 1/2 cups of water. Divide evenly, place stuffing in center of 6 separate sheets of aluminum foil.
• Layer chicken, ham, mushrooms, and peas on top of the stuffing, dividing evenly between each of the 6 foil packs. Mix soup with the remaining 1/4 cup water; pour equal amounts over each pack.
• Bring up foil sides. Double fold top and ends to seal pack, leaving room for heat to circulate inside. (I then mark each foil pack with a permanent marker so I don't get the one with mushrooms and my boys don't get mine with the peas.)
• Complete all 6 foil packs and place on baking pans. Bake 30-35 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Remove from oven. Let stand 5 minutes.
• Place packs directly on dinner plate. As packs are hot, cut slits into foil using a knife to release steam before opening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews