From my Kitchenaid Stand Mixer Recipe Booklet
• 1 1/2 cups water
• 1/2 cup honey
• 1/3 cup butter or margarine
• 5 1/2- 6 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
• 1 cup quick cooking oats
• 2 teaspoons salt
• 2 packages active dry yeast
• 2 eggs
• 1 egg white
• 1 tablespoon water
• Place water, honey, and butter in small saucepan. Heat over low heat until mixture is very warm (120-130 degrees F).
• First place oats, then 5 cups flour, salt, and yeast in mixer bowl. Attach bowl and Spiral Dough Hook to mixer. Turn to speed 2 and mix about 15 seconds. Continuing on Speed 2, gradually add warm water mixture to flour mixture and mix about 1 minute. Add eggs and mix about 1 minute longer.
• Continuing on Speed 2, add remaining flour, 1/2 cup at a time, and mix about 2 minutes, or until dough starts to clean sides of bowl. Knead on speed 2 about 2 minutes longer.
• Place dough in greased bowl, turning to grease top. Cover. Let rise in warm place, free from draft, about 1 hour, or until doubled in bulk.
• Punch dough down and divide in half. Shape. Place in greased 8 1/2 X 4 1/2 X 2 1/2 baking pans. Cover. Let rise in warm place, free from draft, about 1 hour, or until doubled in bulk.
• Beat egg white and water together with a fork. Brush tops of loaves with mixture. Sprinkle with oatmeal. Bake at 375 degrees F for 30-40 minutes. Remove from pans immediately and cool on wire racks.