Friday, April 1, 2011

March's Completed Goals

March was a very productive month!


It started off kind of slow but picked up after I was able to switch rooms with my boys. My old son took over the basement, my younger son got the older one's room, and I took the nursery back as my sewing room. It was originally my sewing room and it is again! It was a lot of work but well worth it! We didn't move my fabric 'wall' though. That stayed put in the basement. I received a bunch of fabric from a coop I'm in and I got all that washed up and put on mini bolts. I love fabric!

I made several micro-fleece diaper covers this month. I made some for Jameson, my nephew, and a friend's son. I also made several in a tangelo color. The tangelo fleece diaper covers are listed in my shop.


I also made a brand new product that I'd never seen before. They are called 'thumb guards' and are used to help stop thumb-sucking. These were a requested item from a friend. You can see what I made below and some photos of my friend's son modeling them for us.


On the heals of the thumb guard custom order I also created a belt custom order. It's made out of white canvas and has a velcro closure.

I also made myself a new ironing board cover. If you want to know how I made it and want to make your own, I made a tutorial which you can see here.

Also, after moving my sewing room back upstairs, I pulled out several UFO's (unfinished objects). I finished a jean and flannel blanket/play mat. I finished the binding on one of my step-mother-in-laws quilts and I finished piecing another on of her quilts. Sunny is too ill to sew anymore so I received all her sewing supplies.

I also had some pillow forms floating around my sewing room for the past 3 or so years. After moving the sewing room I knew that they had to go or be used. Tossing stuff goes against my grain, so I made my older son some pillows for his new room. I just pulled out some scrap fabrics and did some simple designs.

I also created a new journal. Another post explaining it will be coming soon.

And I embroidered 2 UFO quilt squares I had laying around. I think they'll be made into apron pockets or put onto an apron somehow.

And last, but not least, I made several aprons for my shop!










Phew, that was a lot! And April is looking even fuller! Gotta get busy on a wholesale order...






Total Pageviews