Friday, April 8, 2011

May for Me!


My sister, Tonya, and her bloggy friend, Marcia, came up with a great idea a little while ago. Tonya describes it best when she said 'I have found with many of us that we give, give, give---and never take time for us! This time is so important. May for Me is all about rejuvenation and renewal...and FUN!'

I have been compiling a list of things I want to sew for myself. My list is growing and growing! It might take me longer then May to get everything I want done but that's OK!


Here's what I want to make:
  • 'The Jamie Dress' X2
  • Simplicity Misses Top X3
  • McCall's Top B X2
  • Provence Smock (from 'A is for Apron' book)
  • Apron C from 'More Retro Aprons' by Cindy Taylor Oates
  • Capri's (using 'Design-It-Yourself' book)

I encourage you to join in too! Make time for yourself for a change. Your list doesn't need to be as ambitious as mine. :)

2 comments:

  1. Heather,
    Great post! Glad you have joined in the celebration of taking time for yourself too! Many of us forget how important it is to even take a few minutes for ourselves each day! So setting aside May for doing the projects we want to do, is a great idea! Thanks for helping us spread the word! Your sister does say it the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, wow, you have an ambitious list there for sure. But you are pretty awesome at getting things done...I can't wait to see them progress!

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews