Monday, August 23, 2010

Pattern Drafting Series


This is just an introduction post to let you all know that I'll be starting a Pattern Drafting 101 series.

I hope to give you the knowledge to create some of your own patterns.

I'll begin with some explanation posts, proceed to some simple apron patterns, and build up to drafting your own skirt, pant and shirt patterns. I also hope to show you how to alter existing patterns to fit your body type.

I don't have a set time-line for these posts as they'll be a work in progress.

I am completely self taught with the help of books and the internet. It is a dream of mine to one day take the dressmakers courses offered at my local community college. In all honesty, I don't have the time or finances for that right now so instead of wishing I have started on this path to teach myself. I hope to share with you what I learn along the way.

I encourage you to work and learn along with me!

~Heather~

3 comments:

  1. OH this is awesome! I cant wait to see what you teach. I have always wanted to draft my own pattern but never knew where or how to start. Cant wait for you to start!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Heather!
    I just found you and this particular post. I'm so excited about reading further! I've always wanted more detail on pattern making - how other self taught seamstresses do it themselves. I can make basic patterns but I'd love to learn more. Thank you, in advance for all your research & findings!
    ~Tammy

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews