Tuesday, May 31, 2011

May's Completed Projects and Goals


May was such a productive month for me! I've been working very hard on getting my life (and mind) organized and in order. I will tell you about the book I'm finishing up that has extremely helped me later. Today, I want to wrap up May.

I've been posting throughout the month with completed projects. In review, you can see them here:
My 1st Knit Project
My 2nd Knit Project
The Perfect Shirt
The Jamie Dress
BBQ Apron
Provence Smock Apron
Baby Blanket

I also participated in my sister's May Mystery Stitch and Quilt Along. I've got the top all pieced but I haven't quilted it yet.

I also changed how many custom orders I take per month to just 2. That doesn't sound like very much but with my super busy schedule I think it's just enough. Those spots fill up quickly and I keep the info updated under my 'Shop Here' tab. One custom order, that I'm still working on, is another jean diaper cover wholesale order. I'm making 17… that's a lot! I have no photos of them as they aren't technically completed yet.

My other order was custom changing pad covers. The customer sent me this cute fabric and I love how they turned out. I made 2 of the same fabric.


But before I created those, I made some for our changing table… just to be sure I had my measurements correct. Jameson got one made out of race cars and monster trucks! I also made a portable crib sheet from the same monster truck fabric. I have no photos of it as it's been used and in the laundry. :)



I had a really long goal list for May. I knew I wouldn't get it all done but I got close. One thing that is still in progress are 2 shirts (McCall's pattern). I have them cut out and hanging in my 'ready to sew' sewing room closet. They are on hold while I wait for interfacing to arrive. But before I could cut out those 2 shirts I had to resize the pattern. I taught myself pattern grading and used it in the 'real' world. I took step by step photos so I could add it to my Pattern Drafting Series (someday). I love learning new things!

The only thing I didn't get to and that I'm not too worried about is another knit dishcloth. I have a lot of cotton yarn that I bought on sale that is perfect for those dishcloths. I'll probably add it to my June's goals… which I guess is time to start thinking about!

Thanks for tuning in! I hope June is just as productive for me and for you!

2 comments:

  1. You had a great month! I miss talking to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You did get a lot done! I love the new changing table covers! But I particularly loved the aprons!

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews