Sunday, May 15, 2011

My Strawberry Patch

Last week I had an anonymous reader ask for more details about my strawberry patch.

The variety I have planted are everbearing strawberries. My husband purchased the dormant roots off of eBay.


The plants are in a 3 ft X 15 ft (?- not sure, I haven't measured it) flower bed that sits between the basement stairwell and the concrete backyard pad.


I planted the strawberries last spring and they've had a little bit of time to establish themselves. I will probably have to thin them out next spring.


And as you can see by my recent photos, these strawberries are almost ready to pick!


You can learn more about growing your own strawberries here and here.



3 comments:

  1. I grow strawberries too, but in hanging planters... I just started my container garden last summer. I enjoyed going out in the morning on the deck and watering and tending to the plants. Loved having a fresh strawberry or two for breakfast each morning!

    Thanks for sharing your garden of strawberries and the links - good tips! I love to see how others grow their strawberries. Great spot for your strawberry plants.

    Share a few pictures later when they are ruby red and ready to eat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you do grow strawberries... I know where I am going for strewberry shortcakes.... Awesome and hope to see pictures when they are big and screaming my name "Evielynne come and eat me"

    Evielynne
    www.handmadecraftsdonewhilerving.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmmmmmm I can taste all that yummy strawberry stuff that you are making now!

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews