Friday, December 9, 2011

Kids Messenger Bags

I had a little bit of a set back in the sewing room this week… my primary sewing machine up and died on me!!! I'm so sad! I bought the machine several years ago as a back up to my primary machine that broke and was in the shop. I ended up liking it enough to continue using it even after I got the other machine fixed. I have since collected other back up machines but the learning curve to learn the ins and outs of a new machine can be frustrating… especially when you're in the middle of a project!


These kids messenger bags was what I was working on when the machine broke. I'm not sure if the 4 layers of jean & 2 layers of batting in the straps did it in or what. Or maybe it's all the interfacing used… anyways...

Each of these messenger bags are gifts for children in my family. Ian is going to get the military one since that's his all time favorite thing! Except for the military one each bag is made from jean (outside and strap) and a printed fabric (bag liner and flap).






I've considered adding these to my shop but I'm not sure. What do you think? And if I did what would you pay for one?





1 comment:

  1. They are cute. Check etsy for other prices. And denim is what killed my brother machine dead! That's why I won't use my new machine for denim.

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews