Friday, September 17, 2010

No One Ever Told Me


No one ever said marriage was going to be easy. No one ever warned me about the challenges of being married to a military man or how tough it would be to dual parent. Dual parenting is my term for single parenting while still being married because your spouse is in the military and isn't home or available. I have to be both mom and dad without taking dads place and keep my husband in the loop and attempt to keep his opinions and values for our home, family & marriage alive while he is gone. It's not really that easy when he comes home either and we have to re-incorporate our family back together again. No one ever said it was going to be easy. No one ever warned me about all the things that would break while my husband was gone either. I never knew I'd be able to survive having no AC for 3 weeks, so far, and deal with the allergies to boot. Or that I'd get a flat tire the one day I needed to go somewhere or that the battery would be dead in the truck, which was blocking in my car, on the other day I had to go somewhere. Or that my older son would have an infected tooth and need to have it pulled or that he'd be struggling with reading so much. No one ever said life was going to be easy.


But now that I know, I hope nothing will come as a surprise anymore. I can always hope. People say to me, "I just don't know how you do it". Well, me either. I take just one day at a time and sometimes I can only take one minute at a time. It makes for some very long days sometimes. I say, "it is what it is".

Recently, I've needed to take a break from my Etsy sites and suspend my Facebook account. Things have gotten better faster then I expected but I've decided to leave things shut down for awhile and take a bit of a break. I have no problem with my Etsy stuff other then the need to get it all transferred over to my main website. I just haven't had the time. I have had problems with my Facebook though and it all has to do with the fact that I spend way too much time on there. No one ever told me how addicting it would be! So, I'm taking a break and may turn it back on in a week or so with limited time allowance.

I appreciate everyone's thoughts and prayers during this time and don't let anyone ever tell ya that 'no one told me'!

~Heather~

3 comments:

  1. *hugs* to you, Heather. It must be quite difficult.
    As to FB, I can see how it can be addictive, but if you can manage all that goes on whilst your hubby is away with the military, you can manage without FB .
    Take care, Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are doing the best that you can do! Wish I was as strong as you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are doing the best that you can do! Wish I was as strong as you.

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews