Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Pattern Drafting 101: Resources

Here is a list of Books and Websites I'll be referencing in my Pattern Drafting Series. Feel free to browse through them.


'How To Make Sewing Patterns' by Donald H. McCunn

-This is the first book I got and started out using. It is one of the best books I've found in explaining how to measure yourself. It may be a bit confusing for the beginner as it is more technical in it's language. I would still recommend it as a foundation book for your pattern drafting library.

-Where to purchase (Although I purchased mine from Amazon.com I'd recommend purchasing directly from McCunn's website as you will get the most up to date edition and they are all about the same price.)
Donald McCunn's website
Amazon.com
Half.com
Ebay.com

Donald McCunn's Yahoo group. I recommend joining for extra help.
Donald McCunn's YouTube Channel has tons of helpful videos which I'll be referencing in future posts.

'Make Your Own Dress Patterns' by Adele P. Margolis

-I really recommend this book for beginners as it has tons of illustrations and lots of explanations in how to create all kinds of fashions and how to alter existing patterns. However it does not have any explanations on how to measure yourself so you will need one of the other books to fill in this important topic.

-Where to purchase (I purchased mine from half.com)
Half.com
Amazon.com
Barnes & Nobles
Ebay.com

'Make Your Own Patterns' by Rene Bergh

-This book is another good one for beginners. It has a section on measuring yourself and some nice illustrations. It doesn't have nearly as much pattern drafting information as the book by Adele Margolis.

-Where to purchase (I purchased mine from half.com)
Half.com
Amazon.com
Ebay.com
Barnes & Nobles

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews